CAREERS AT ALICE LANE
To apply: please email your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan, design, and specify furniture, finishes, lighting & art for interiors & exteriors of residential & commercial buildings. Formulate design which is in line with brand aesthetic and conducive to the client’s lifestyle. Use excellent communication skills and experience to lead design teams, subcontractors and connect with clients. We attract life-long clients, repeat customers, and raving fans because we don’t just get a job done; we’re warm, concerned, likable, intuitive, and thoughtful.
· Collaborate with design team on concepts and design development
· Knowledge of high-end furniture vendors & other industry resources
· Participate in all phases of design projects assigned, including but not limited to space planning, furniture layouts, development of CAD drawings, product specification, budgeting, presentations to the client, and job site supervision
· Collaboration with a team of designers to achieve an elevated design that is unique and specific to each client
· Proactively anticipate the needs of the client and project & be a self-started to move through projects efficiently
· Maintain and make updates finish/fixture schedule that effectively communicates design selection and details, allowing contractors and subs to accurately execute
· Generate & maintain client materials for projects, including all correspondence, drawings, binders, etc.
· Provide accurate time records each day both billable and non-billable
· System Proficiency: AutoCAD/InDesign/Excel/Word/Outlook
· Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) with clients and all internal colleagues. Be dependable, responsive, thorough and detailed
· Meet or exceed monthly goals
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with preferably a major in interior design, interior architecture or a related field; or an Associate Degree
· OR Minimum of 2 years of work experience in lieu of a four-year degree.
· Minimum of two years sales and/or interior design experience required.
· Portfolio should demonstrate training in color coordination, product coordination, drafting and the ability to space plan.
· Knowledge of high-end residential products and the ability to specify.
· Knowledge and familiarity with AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and the Microsoft Suite
To apply: please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
At Alice Lane Home Collection, we believe that an internship is as much about learning as it is becoming a valuable member of the team. Our marketing department is passionate about promoting and constantly evolving the Alice Lane brands. Our internships offer experience that may help cultivate that same passion while providing a deeper knowledge of various marketing strategies. As a marketing intern, you will assist our Marketing team with a variety of tasks, both creative and technical.
Be on time and communicate schedule changes
Complete daily opening and closing procedures for your shift
Complete your assigned work prior to leaving for the day
Report weekly on the progress and success of your assigned projects
EXAMPLES OF TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
Assisting with the planning and execution of marketing strategies
Assisting in collection, organization and publication of design portfolios
Contributing to web-based content (blogs, e-commerce, etc.)
Assisting with success of social media marketing (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.)
Assisting with photo and video shoots
Contributing to the overall success of retail revenue
Other tasks assigned by the Marketing Manager
Must be available to intern for a minimum of 20 hours per week
Self-motivation is a must. Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, with at least 1 year of study in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related field. A knowledge of the interior design industry will make your internship more enjoyable.
Necessary skills include:
Excellent writing skills for web, print and social media
Excellent understanding of social media strategies and platforms
Proficient with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
Familiarity with online marketing data applications and analytics
Comfortable working in an interactive and team-based environment
Good time management and organizational skills
Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.