Earlier this month we had the opportunity to visit Studio 5 again and share some design tips with their viewers. They asked us to talk about a current trending topic: House Plants! Oddly enough, we've become quite the experts in this field (is "plant lady" a term?) as we've done our fair share of exploring the best plants for your home. In case you missed that segment, we thought we'd share a little bit more about that here on the blog today. So...here are our top 5 favorite house plants and what makes them so great!
1. Fiddle Leaf Fig - It's the current trend setter of the plant world and it's not hard to see why. Even if it is a little high-maintenance (needs a lot of indirect sunlight!), it's definitely high-style! Perfect for adding a little height to your space and bringing in that breath of fresh air.
2. Citrus Tree - When you need a little color, a citrus tree is the perfect plant. It bares bright fruit that is sure to make you smile, and it’s a perfectly functional plant too! You literally get to enjoy the fruits of your labor with this one.
3. Black Olive Tree - If you're looking for a tree with a more familiar silhouette, the olive tree is the one for you! It's the perfect in-door plant to match your transitional style, and out beats that dusty old ficus any day. It needs plenty of overhead space to grow, making it great to use in rooms with vaulted ceilings.
4. Orchid - It’s classic and timeless. If you’re one that enjoys blooms over leafy greens, the orchid is the perfect house plant for you. Its low maintenance nature (plop in 2 ice cubes once a week!) and small size makes it’s the perfect plant for your bathroom, kitchen, or entry.
5. Fern - Another classic, but this time with a facelift! Plant it in a bold stylish vase for a fresh look that won’t look like your grandmother’s fern. They're inexpensive, low-maintenance, and can be found just about anywhere. Can't go wrong!